Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer

Default Replacing corrugated asbestos-cement garage roof

On 16 May 2006 13:28:15 +0200, Chris Bacon wrote:

I shouldn't think they would, either. Do they (IYE) seem to
encourage moss growth?

The surface of my Onduline is rough, a very fine cross-hatch pattern. Moss and
algae grow on it, but no worse than on the adjacent fiber cement. But it doesn't
take to pressure washing well, whereas the fiber coment does. (Don't
pressure-wash asbestos fiber cement, btw, as it releases the fibers, so they
tell me.)

Also, the fiber cement may be available with an acrylic coating, usually
colored. ISTR something like one or two quid extra for color-coated. Might want
to check.

Thoams Prufer