Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon

Default Replacing corrugated asbestos-cement garage roof

My garage has corrugated asbestos-cement garage roof, which is cracked
beyond repair (I've emergency-sealed cracks and new ones now appear) so
I want to replace it. (I know my local tip will take it with advance
notice).

The company that built it will replace it for not a great deal of money
(about 250 quid I was quoted last year I think) but they will use
fibre-cement sheets.

However I've seen that you can get bitumen type corrugated sheets from
B&Q/wickes etc for about 7 quid a pop.

So the question is, which is the best material for a garage roof? I
kinda get the feeling that with fibre-cement it'll have the same
brittle characteristics and will degrade over not many years. Are the
bitumen sheets any better/worse?

Thanks,

Simon