Posted to misc.consumers.house
Jason

Default Hot tub cover suggestions

I've been living in my house for 3 years, and it came with an outdoor
hot tub (subjected to rain, sun, cold weather, etc). The cover wasn't
in the best condition when I moved in, but it has gotten considerably
worse, and a lot heavier. It's now way past the time to replace it.

In researching, I now understand that water logs the styrofoam, and I
should have probably replaced the cover a long time ago. But, I hate to
blow $300+ on something that I don't fully understand, and I certainly
don't like trusting my wallet to a salesman.

What do I REALLY need to know about the hot tub cover? Are there really
"better" ones that will save me a ton on my electric bill? Am I going
to have to replace the cover again in a few years, regardless of what I
buy this time?

In researching Google, I stumbled across SpaCap, www.spacap.com. It's
more expensive, but makes claims of lasting longer, being easier to
manipulate, and helping to save on the electric bill. But from the
site, it doesn't look like anything more than a cheap piece of vinyl.
Has anyone had experience with this that can verify or refute their
claims?

TIA,

Jason