Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

Default Big Box Stores vs Professional Electrical Suppliers

In article , wrote:

Naturally I checked the most competent suppliers (Lowes and HD) first.
Lowes had non-grounding duplex receptacles in ivory and white and HD
had them only in white. I really wanted brown to conform to all the
other switches and outlets in the house so, thinking of how much
better the "real" electrical suppliers are according to the
"professionals" on this group, I set out to find what I needed.

snip amusing but lengthy tale of woe

Is there a Menards store in your area? (Big box chain similar to Lowes & HD,
but not as widespread.) They typically have a *much* better selection of
offbeat electrical items.

Try a different hardware store, too. Got a Do-It-Best or Tru-Value nearby? I'm
pretty sure I can lay my hands on a brown two-pin duplex receptacle here
without any trouble, and I can send you one at cost (plus shipping). If you're
interested, my real email address is in my sig below.

--
Regards,