Posted to alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
Lar

Default !@#$%^&* ants -- how to get rid of them

In article 835ag.1727$RY2.1491@trnddc02, says...
So, what's the best way to tackle them? I'll be doing a complete remodel of
my kitchen in a couple of months, and if there were something I could spray
behind and underneath the cabinets before putting them back, that could
probably help tremendously.

Just guessing you are dealing with Odorous House Ants. They won't have
a central mound that they live in so it can be a matter of chasing them
about a bit. The amount of ants that you are seeing inside will be a
small fraction of the actual numbers in the colony so baiting will be
the easiest approach just not the quickest. As mentioned the terro bait
works well with them, just be patient. You might try looking around the
foundation of the house, especially in any leaf matter or mulch and more
so if it is getting wet. When you find the colony there will be no
mistake because they will be scattering with their larvae/eggs and pupa.
They will also often be seen traveling in line out in the open on the
side of the home in vast numbers while moving from one nest location to
another.

Lar