Posted to alt.home.repair
Arthur

Default Recurring GE Ice maker problem; help

HarryS wrote:

When you had the replacement icemakers installed, did they also install a
new water valve?

Harry

Not the last time! In view of other comments, I suppose that a subtle
drip could be occurring, especially since our city water system is old,
and frequently being shut off for main repairs, followed by a surge of
rusty water, staining some whate clothes in the washer only today.
(Thanks to a 1:16 oxalic acid : water soak I saved some undershorts
which resembled a digestive accident I imagine I will end up with a
service call and new unit under the extended warranty. I'll demand a new
valve, which I know is packed in the kit. Many thanks

Art