Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Lalonde

Default Denon Surround Receiver Model AVR-1601

Thanks for this Guy's
Fuses are alright, Relay is also ok, I guess I will begin at main power
trans as you suggest.

Dave

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
. com...
David Lalonde wrote:
I am looking for suggestions as to where to begin on servicing this
receiver.It powers up for a short period.5 seconds or so, enough to
initiate a system's test of sorts then powers down to a standby mode.
Any help would be appreciated.

Are you a technician?

Mark Z.

First place to look is for open fuses. Next, does a relay click, and then
the unit depowers ? If so, primary of main ( not standby ) power
transformer may be open. It's quite common for primaries to fail open on
Denons of various models. Fault monitoring circuitry checks rails after
main power relay closes, and if any ( or all ) are missing, unit drops
back to standby. Failing this, it's going into output protect. As Mark
says, you might struggle, particularly with a Denon, if you are not an
experienced engineer. They are not the most fix-friendly of designs ...

Arfa