Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lesley

Default Sony 48" Projection TV doesn't turn on anymore!

It's true, though! I never had any problems with this TV--that's why I
was so shocked when suddenly it just wouldn't turn on. I've had TVs go
before, but usually there's some warning. Things start looking or
sounding funny, it gets worse with time. . .once I had a TV that
stopped showing channels over 55, then it wouldn't show any channels
over 43, then 36, and then I tossed it out and got a new one. All this
happened over maybe 6 months or more. But this one. . .this one was
fine one day and wouldn't come on the next.

The picture was fine when it broke--as good as the day I got it.

I think I'll call another repair shop--see if I can find someone who is
not so eager to benefit from my misfortune!

Thanks!

Lesley