Frank

Default New project in the works

(Roy) wrote in message
What is the thought of driving this bandsaw with a DC motor of 2hp ... I really prefert o use up some of
these DC motors I have.

Hey Roy

You make it sound like you have a few of these 2HP motors... What
Voltage do they run at, or how much Current do they draw?

2 HP would be close to 2KWatts (746W/HP plus ineffeciencies) so the
controller would need to be able to handle that at minimum... Just a
guess...

P=V X I so if thier 90VDC motors outputting 2000W of power (I=2000/90)
the current draw would be approx 22Amps.

Milage may vary ie; startup, load on blade etc...

Frank
http://www.theworkshop.ca