Lawrence L'Hote

Default Leaves, leaves everywhere; how to fix my rake.

"Peter Reilley" wrote in message
Now that it is autumn, I have to get out there and rake my leaves before
the snow covers them. I have an old rake that I have used for years.
It is the best rake ever made and as you would expect, no longer

available.

It has a metal head with spring steel fingers.

Metal headed leaf rakes are too heavy. I started getting those wide, red
plastic rakes a coupla years ago. I found that if you leave them out in the
sun the plastic degrades(no UV protection in the plastic) and the next year
the plastic tines break off. But those days are behind me. I got a John
Deere mulching tractor/mower and a gas powered blower/vac and my back
doesn't bother me any more and my yard looks better than ever. Now I'm well
[OT]

Larry