Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default shop layout "planning" software, freeware?

On Mon, 15 May 2006 21:50:53 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner
wrote on Mon, 15 May 2006 17:44:14 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On 15 May 2006 16:29:43 GMT, steamer wrote:

--It may sound silly in our "modern" age but you can't do better
than graph paper and a pair of scissors for this..

Indeed. And dont just use the physical footprint of the machine..but
the working envelope.

Do remember to add a smidgen (round up). Nothing like discovering that
it won't sit flush with the wall (Where you made your measurement), and
that pushed things out of "alignment".
As for working envelope, do not forget to allow for room for the
operator to wiggle around so he can see what needs to be looked at.

Ask me how I learned that lesson....sigh

So nu? "how did you learn that lesson?" I hope from watching someone
else do a foolish thing. Or are you the smart person who learns from your
own mistakes. :-)

"learning from your own mistakes means you now know exactly when to
cringe"

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33