dddd

Default Clock making the old fashioned way (reply to Ed)

For some reason a reply to your post was not loading.
Ed,

If you know what you are looking for, the rounding up cutters and rounding
up tools can be found. Thank God I found mine before sellers found eBay.
The cutters are marked in 100ths of a module and I have a complete set
through 60 and some to 1.0. Its like everything else, when it is your
business you seek out what you need to have.

However, I don't think the cutters have been made since the 1940s. Luckily,
the vast majority of watchmakers who owned such tools knew what they were
and so did their families. So a number survive in good shape.

How in the world they made those cutters is a mystery to me. Was a lot more
work than making a modern mutitoothed profile gear cutter.

--
Regards,
Dewey Clark http://www.historictimekeepers.com