Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Berger

Default OT-Neopost Postage Meter Inkjet Cartridges

After terrible service and price increases from Pitney Bowes, I
did some research and chose the Francotype Postalia machine. It
uses a ribbon rather than ink cartridge. The machine is well made
and reliable, the ribbons last a long time, and they don't expire.
The cost of ribbons was substantially less per impression than the
cost of running a Pitney Bowes machine with ink cartridge.

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

We rent a Neopost Model IJ25 postage meter for our office use, and they
are raping us when we need to replace the red inkjet cartridge which
prints the postage and our logo on everything we mail. I got a "low ink"
warning on the postage meter display yesterday and called to order
another cartridge. Last time, about 6 months ago, the price with
shipping was about $65, this time it was up to $85.

To add insult to injury, Neopost has arranged for their inkjet cartridge
to "run out" 6 months after the date it's installed, even if we only
printed postage on jsut a few envelopes during that time, and it also
"runs out" after a predetermined number of impressions, even though
there's plenty of ink left inside it.