Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dave

Default shop layout "planning" software, freeware?

looking for some type of simple 2D 'plain jane' windows software,
hopefully freeware, to help me draw numerous (all different sized)
rectangular shapes "to the same scale", given my dimensions. planning to
use it to print out the rectangles (on card stock), cut out the
rectangles with scissors, and move 'em around on a big graph paper....

if I could also 'twist, turn, drag, and drop' said icons as 'moveable
objects' within the app itself, it'd be a plus, but I don't expect that
capability in a freeware, and, anyway, it might boggle my 'shallow
learning curve'

does such an app exist? anything close?

need it to help plan how to move 1500 sq feet of toolboxes and machinery
into a 2 car garage (and to better visualize "what's gotta be
eliminated, in what order")

thanks for leads and ideas, guys,

toolie

--
replies by e-mail, if any, should remove the weirdstuff from my address
before clicking 'send'. thanks