Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default OT microfiche

On Sun, 14 May 2006 23:05:46 -0500, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
3600 dpi in jpeg ? that trashes the data in compression -

True, but that assumes there's data there to begin with, and also
assumes I have a few gigabytes of webspace which I don't. The TIFF
scans don't look much better, same blur. You're seeing blur there, not
..jpg artifact.

You might do a single page at a time. Put the res in the smaller box. You would have to have
done that or the file size would be a monster...

Oh yes you definatly have to scan these one "page" at a time, not the
whole fiche. But the resolution just isn't there, even in the raw scans
at 3600 in TIFF.