Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- ford truck A/C clutch question...

Hi all,
Anybody here ever replace the A/C compressor clutch on a ford Truck?
This is a 1990 F150, 5.0. I am getting a loud-ish curnchy grinding
bearing noise that I think is comming from said clutch. I am 90%
sure that is the culprit and will confirm that, if it ever stops
raining here in NE Mass. Any tricks (ie. special tools, hints,
tips, etc.)I ought to know about before I dive in on this one?

It always helps when i tap the collective mind here at RCM before
getting in too deep. When ever I don't, I end up doing so
mid-project to figure out how to finish.

I appreciate for any ideas!

-AL A