Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cost of laying laminate flooring

Tim S wrote:
John Cartmell wrote:
jon wrote:
I'm laying some easy-clic laminate for a friend of a friend. 2 bedrooms
about 10sq metres each, plus a hallway, also about 10 sq m. The job will
also include cutting and fitting the underlay boards and beading for the
edges. Also disposal of old carpets and a bit of architrave work and also
fitting 2 new doors. Will probably take about 2 days.

I reckon £250 all in. Does this sound about right, too much, or too little.

If you're doing the work for a friend 250GBP sounds too much for 2 days-
but I reckon it'll take you 3 or 4 days! ;-)

Agree - I reckon it will take much longer than 2 days, unless you do this
stuff for a living.

You're beading, so save 2 days for not removing/replacing skirting.

If you don;t have manky carpets to scrape off, save most of two days.

Yeah - 4 days would be nearer the mark I reckon. The big square rooms are
easy - less cuts and mostly straight.

This is click loc, so should take less time. Glued, and thick boards,
and lots of angled cuts is where he'd lose time.

In any case, £250 for the job sounds a bit light to me. He needs to
look at a more reasonable day rate, esp if it takes more than 2 days.

P.