Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default collapsed compression joints

In article ,
Chris Bacon wrote:
You've hardly given good advice in this post have you?

Where has he given bad advice? I can't see it. I can see advice
on tightening fittings 'till they groan, which is rubbish, and
using PTFE tape, also rubbish,

You saw mention of PTFE tape in that post?

and that the correct spanners are
of a length that makes it impossible to overtighten these joints,
also rubbish.

Using the correct spanners on any nut makes overtightening less likely.
That's why they are of different lengths according to the nut size. As
anyone with a modicum of engineering knowledge would realise.

More made a complete fool of yourself.

I disagree. I should just drop it, IIWY.

You'd be happy with a clueless apprentice working in your house while not
under supervision?

Fine.

--
*Don't byte off more than you can view *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.