Gnube

Default Router reccomendations

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:08:54 -0400, CJ
wrote:

Didn't notice they had a router in their products list too - shall
have to go check that out, got a horrid little feeling you may have
just made me poorer than before I knew this, as I am bound to like the
darned thing! ;O)

Well if you buy one tomorrow let me know how it goes.. I like the look of
them myself.. Do you know the pedigree though?

Well, no, not exactly, but the source for the design of the tennon jig
was the UK DeWalt tips pages, and they suggested the style of router
bit, I did a search for them and found the CMT ones and knew they were
going to be the one to get, and now you mention them in an Elu context
and then there's the Elu and DW connection and it's all looking a bit
interesting! Maybe that's where "the real" DeWalts went? It's
intriguing to say the least is that! The CMT at Axminster looks rather
like the newer DeWalt design (624?) Even down to using a very near
match for the "Electronic" logo symbol DW use.

I don't know, but just maybe there's something afoot here.

Interesting!

Take Care,
Gnube