Errol Groff

Default Pipe joint compound

On 22 Nov 2003 21:37:39 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

I took the opportunity to show my daughter how to
do a sweat solder repair (per harold's and my
discussion of a few days ago) and we had the
water back on in an hour or so.

Last year my daughter's home lost heat (BB hot water) and she and her
husband were about to call a plumber when she said "Wait a minute, we
are both graduates of Norwich Tech and both college graduates. We
should be able to figure this out ourselves". And they did.

Later my favorite daughter told me that all the times I had her hold
tools and explained to her what I was doing and why paid off and she
appreciated the lessons.

OK so she is my only daughter. She is still my favorite!

This is the same girl who used to jump the fence and go out on the
catwalk under the local bridge across the river. About 150 feet to
the water! When she told me this story I said I would have killed her
had I know at the time. To which she asked, why do I think that she
had waited some 20 years to mention it! No fool she.

Errol Groff
Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Tech
613 Upper Maple Street