Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed

Default Grout, never knew this!!!

On Sun, 14 May 2006 00:54:40 -0700, "Cheri" gserviceATinreachdotcom
wrote:

is the cost excessive

Not enough info for this one..... 1st- You say your counter top is "2
x 5" (10 sq ft assuming you are talking about 2ft x 5ft) but that
doesn't tell me how much grout. In other words, 10 sq ft of what
sized tile with what size space between tiles. 2nd- you say 3 tile
high on the backboard but didn't say what size tile with what size
space between tile and if that number 5 you mentioned in your message
is a 5ft wide backboard which is three tile of some size high.

If I were quoting this job, I would quote it on exactly how much grout
area needs regrouted (a factor of tile size / square footage) and how
hard it will be to clean out the old grout (a factor of the space
between each tile). Also, if the old grout is epoxy based, then the
cost goes up further.

Grouting is not that big a deal but cleaning out the old grout is and
the size of the deal it is is in direct relationship to how small the
space between the tile is and if I am having to dig out an epoxy based
grout.

Regards.....