Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Grout, never knew this!!!

I understand that, my concern for you is in having given him a check, then
stopping it. In NY he would have certain legal rights just by having your
"bad" check in his possession. Best all around would be to work it out with
him and be done with him. Under the circumstances you should also have
someone else with you when comes. Good luck

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message

RBM wrote in message ...
I would never pay anyone in full before the job. You need to check with
someone in Ca. about the legal ramifications of stopping a check

I did put a stop on it, and he's coming back tomorrow to do what he was
supposed to do in the first place. It's not that I don't want to pay
him, I do want to pay him...for a decent job.

Cheri