Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Grout, never knew this!!!

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message
. ..

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote in message ...

Hopefully you've learned a lesson. Get a written quote on all jobs.

And
get at least 3 quotes. I'm not familiar with the laws in CA (or

anywhere
else sorry to say) so someone else will have to chime in on your

situation.
Cheers,
cc

That's great advice. One thing I'm noticing with the high gas prices, is
less and less people want to give you a free estimate, but IMO even if
you have to pay them a little something, it would be cheaper in the long
run.

Cheri

I still get "free" estimates but the only estimates I'm getting are for a
rather large A/C install so they should give free estimates. For a small
grout job, they may charge a few bucks. I typically do all the work on my
house myself so am really not familiar with the various contracting laws out
there. If someone gives you an estimate but won't write it down, keep
looking!
Good Luck,
cc