Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Grout, never knew this!!!

I would never pay anyone in full before the job. You need to check with
someone in Ca. about the legal ramifications of stopping a check

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message

RBM wrote in message ...
It's really important for both you and any contractor to be on the same

page
regarding the work that is going to be included. The fact that you gave

him
a check at all is something of a statement that you felt the job was
completed, unless you paid him in advance. There are certainly lots of

less
than quality contractors out there, but at this point you may want to

call
him and offer some payment or take it to small claims, where you'll

both
loose

Unfortunately, I did pay him beforehand. I'm new to any sort of outside
help doing work in my house, but I'm learning in a hurry. I already put
a stop on the check, and I'm not going to lift the stop until his work
is at least bearable, so if it comes to that, he'll have to settle for a
lot less, or he'll have to sue me. His choice. I just wondered since
Grout Doctor is a national franchise, if anyone else has had shabby work
done.

Cheri

Cheri