Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Shake Flashlights are a Joke

(Don Klipstein) wrote in
:

In article ,
wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
wrote:
These flashlights which are sold as batteryless, actually contain 2
flat disk batteries.

Are you sure there were not capacitors?

I took one apart, and the flat disks were large hearing aid batteries.
Both wires from the shaker coil were soldered into the same hole of an
unstuffed PC board which might have charged the batteries charged if
it had been correctly assembled.

Did you check to see if the "magnet" attracted steel objects? I
disassembled two different $2 units, and got your findings as well as
finding that the "magnets" were not magnets. In addition, the batteries
that I found were CR2032, which I do not believe are rechargeable.

- Don Klipstein )

amazing they can make a flashlight with TWO expensive CR2032 lithium cells
and sell it for TWO bucks and make a profit.

(mine was $3 at a 'doller' store;it appears to have two coin cells,which I
had wondered about,THX.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik