Posted to alt.home.repair
JessicaG

Default Does our plan make sense?

" on a windy day. but i think it takes quite a bit of air movement.
nail holes from vinyl siding would be pretty minor.

Thanks, I didn't know if would be worth it or not gutting the first floor
rooms, it sounds like we're on the right track.

The nail holes I mentioned are from the old vinyl siding we removed, not the
new vinyl siding (where those holes are plugged by the new nails). After the
new siding we seemed to notice more drafts which I'm guessing is due to all
the old nail holes but I'm not positive. We're thinking that foaming it over
would solve that problem but we're unsure of the cost or whether it's
needed.