Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Grout, never knew this!!!

It's really important for both you and any contractor to be on the same page
regarding the work that is going to be included. The fact that you gave him
a check at all is something of a statement that you felt the job was
completed, unless you paid him in advance. There are certainly lots of less
than quality contractors out there, but at this point you may want to call
him and offer some payment or take it to small claims, where you'll both
loose

"Cheri" gserviceATinreachdotcom wrote in message
To the group, which I have recently found, I hired a grout man, called
Grout
Doctor..ha ha to regrout my tile in the kitchen. Keep in mind that my tile
is very small, five by two countertop, with three tiles going up the wall.
This guy comes and gives me a bid for 300 dollars, which I think is
excessive, but I say...OK. He comes and does the counter, a mess, I might
add. Does nothing to the tile going up the wall. When I confronted him and
said you did nothing up the wall, he said..."I did not agree to do that."
said, what the Hell do you think I was paying you $300.00 for if not to
regrout all my tile in that small area?

Anyway to make a long story short, I put a stop on the check, and he is
coming back on Monday. Since I know nothing about home repair, is the cost
excessive, number one, and do I have to let him come back? I hired him
with
the thought in mind that he is going to regrout all of the tile. My
problem
is this...He did a terrible job when he first came out, so the odds of him
doing a good job now, are nil. Do I have to let him make good on this
legally? I'm in CA.

Cheri