Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default crawl space dehumidifier

dblho39 wrote:
A moisture scrubber is a box you install in a crawlspace vent. The
vent fans on the other side of the crawl space pull air through the
scrubber. The scrubber has coils in it over which air passes, and
this is supposed to condense water out of the air.

What cools the coils?

The water is then
supposed to drain back out of the crawlspace. I can't say for sure
whether they works very well yet, as I had them installed at the end
of last summer, so they haven't gone through the hot part of the
summer yet. But my crawlspace has certainly been far more dry since
they were installed. They were installed by a local company here in
Knoxville, TN, but here is the url for the company that makes them:
http://www.ventthecrawl.com

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit