Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Default need information about ups

Forget about getting info from APC, they only want to sell a new unit. 9
out of 10 times it only requires a new battery to fix. Test with an
external SLA battery, if it works, buy a proper battery. I suggest
Battery Wholesale Distributors to find a replacement that will fit. If
the UPS doesn't work, trash it and search for another at a garage sale.
The older APC's are pretty well built and bulletproof. I have a vintage
1200VX that can run forever. It is on its third set of batteries. Expect
2-3 years on the batteries for the older units which actually packed
some high capacity batteries.

larya wrote:

Greetings...

I am looking for information about a particular ups..

The APC 700XL..

I would like to get an electronic copy of the operator's manual....
and service manual would be a big help....

I got this ups used so it came without paperwork....

I have already tried APC but they didn't even repond to my request for
information.. maybe my email got lost ....

Larry ve3fxq

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©