Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar

Default how 2 reset EPROM

On 13 May 2006 22:10:20 -0700, "Goldenshuttle"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Oh dear , plz forgive me guys I made a mistake...the EPROM was 24LC028
and beside it, there was a 5-LED battery state monitor IC type bq2060ss

It looks like you need to reset the BQ2060SS IC, not the EEPROM. The
latter holds data pertaining to battery chemistry, amp-hour rating,
etc.

See http://www-s.ti.com/sc/ds/bq2060.pdf

The bq2060 can be reset with commands over the HDQ16 or SMBus. Upon
reset, the bq2060 initializes its internal registers with the
information contained in the configuration EEPROM. The following
command sequence initiates a full bq2060 reset:

Write 0x4f to 0xff5a
Write 0x7d to 0x0000
Write 0x7d to 0x0080

- Franc Zabkar