Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Smith

Default OT proper way to kill a chicken

We did in a bantam chicken once that (after its head was off) took off
and flew around in circles about 6 feet off the ground. Just for a bit...

Steve

JR North wrote:

You hold the hapless fowl to the block with your left hand, and whack
it's head off with a hatchet. Try to miss your hand. Then, let it go,
and marvel at the chicken's autonomous nervous system in action. It
will run around quite well for a few seconds (possibly looking for
it's head). Not recommended for squeamish pansies.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Ignoramus7121 wrote:

One of my hens startted eating eggs, and I finally caught one (and
marked her), now I would like to know the proper way to kill a
chicken. Any ideas? Sorry for the OT post.