Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary A. Gorgen

Default OT proper way to kill a chicken

Ignoramus7121 wrote:
One of my hens startted eating eggs, and I finally caught one (and
marked her), now I would like to know the proper way to kill a
chicken. Any ideas? Sorry for the OT post.

My grandmother had this down to a science.
Wait 'till feeding time, check hatchet to be sure it's sharp.
Throw out feed for the chickens, while they are eating, grab
selected chicken form behind, by the legs.
Hold said chicken upside down while walking to hatchet location.
Chickens pass-out when they are upside down.
Kick drain bucket into position, position now out-cold chicken
on chopping block, still holding feet in the air.
One slight stroke of the hatchet, not enough to stick in the
chopping block, head goes into bucket, move chicken over bucket
a let it drain. Process takes about .1 sec.
Hatchet stays clean, chopping block stays clean, bucket contents
go into the compost pile.

--
Gary A. Gorgen | "From ideas to PRODUCTS"