Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
gfulton

Default Why use brass?

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
Andrew sez:

" Your implies ownership: "your pen" , "your kipper" etc

You're is an abbreviation for 'you are' as in "You're getting mixed
up."

That's OK, Andrew! Your friendly admonition is greatly acceptable.
Thanks! RCM has become a haven for those that abuse the English
language... Frankly, I tend to pass over messages couched in careless
vernacular, such as the misuse of pronouns. Some RCM respondents have the
proclivity to inject the appearance of "ignorance" in their messages as
if this will elicit more accurate answers from the readership. I think
not!

Sincerely yourses,

Bob Swinney

(Delurking)
Yes, it's most certainly OK, Andrew. And I can't help but add the misuse
of "they're, their and there" among others. I wish I could overlook it,
but it's just like chalk grating on the aformentioned blackboard to me.
Wasn't everyone taught these rules back in grade school? I guess I'm the
pedantic one, but it just comes across as bone laziness to me. Sorry for
the rant.

Garrett Fulton
(Relurking)