Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Tips on using end-feed plumbing fittings?

Cicero wrote:

It would also be worth checking that you're using the correct flux to match
your solder. I believe that some newer lead-free solders and fluxes don't
mix well with the older types. Perhaps someone will confirm or advise on
this aspect.

The newer lead free solders don't flow quite as well (although IME there
is not much in it), and they don't look as bright and shiny once cooled.

The powerflow flux I suggested works well for both:

Cheers,

John.