Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default Fence Treatment "Not Suitable For Spraying"....?

Steve Walker wrote:
. wrote:

FWIW I've just bought a load of "cuprinol rollable" and it's the
dogs danglies. it's water based but contains wax and it covers
like no other stain I've ever tried, especially the sprayable
types which are invariably rubbish.

Thanks, dot. That's the other big reason for spraying, to be honest.
I've always found that it takes ages to deal with areas of thin or
pale coverage etc using brush application, whilst the sprayer can
just keep pouring on coat after coat until the wood is saturated.

If I could get myself organised, I'd ideally leave each panel soaking
in a polythene bath of treatment for 24hrs - not practical for this
number of panels unfortunately.

seriously, try the cuprinol rollable. one of those 'does what it says on
the tin' type products. I saw a neighbour doing their fence and I was
so impressed with the finish I asked them for a product name.

recommended