Paul Hiers

Default Grizzly customer service

I bought a Grizzly 12x36 gear head lathe in July of 02. I have been
happy with the machine, no problems until 4 weeks ago, then the motor
quit! I had been concerned about this very thing due to the many
posting regarding motors from China. The motor, like the lathe was
warranted for one year. I was going for try to find a USA made motor
for it but when I checked the shaft it was metric, would mean I would
also need a new pulley. So I called Grizzly's customer service
prepared to buy a new motor from them. I explained the problem, the
guy said the motor is bad and it should not be after 16 months of
light use. (I am just a hobby user) He told me to send the metal tag
off of the old motor and they would send me a new one, no charge! New
motor arrived pre paid; now the lathe runs fine again. I believe that
Grizzly went beyond what that were required to do and have customer
service that is true "customer service".

Paul in NE Ohio (happily making chips with the Grizzly again)