Martin

Default Electricity Suppliers

"Jaime" wrote in message
After we just recieved a £400 bill as we haden't been charged properly for
the preceedign 3 quaters we are looking at changing suppliers. Southern
Electric seem to charge us about £570 for the 8.1 MW hr's we used in the
past year (both company read meter readings).

The online price comparisons seem to suggest Atlantic energy or basic

power
as being sutiably cheap alternatives, does anyone have any experience of
them? We dont have any gas and are not on ecomony 7. Cooking is electric

as
is our shower.

How do monthly direct debits in advance work? Do they guess at a yearly
usage divide up monthly and then adjust somehow?

Many thanks

Jaime

Won't the meter reading be done by the same people, "Acuread" (spits over
left shoulder).