Loren Coe

Default Dremal tool speed control

In article , Don Foreman wrote:
I bought the router speed control from
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops.../speedcon.html
$24 including shipping. In a previous thread, someone said this

device worked better than the one from HF.

this sounds like a good match for the dc treadmill motors many have
bot for their home shops. it says up to 3.5hp.

I tried it on a Singer 401 sewing machine. Huge improvement over
rheostat control! No "hand starting" even at very low speed.
Making a footpedal control for it is now on my project list.

yes, sewing machines have used solid state speed control for many
years. what is _not_ commonly known, is that the foot control is
simply an air chamber. the actual circuit resides in the head and
is pneumatically controlled. --Loren

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:29:54 GMT, "wialgmes"
wrote:

Harbor Fright (sic) has a nifty little router speed control for $10 Says it
will work with any ac/dc brushed motor to 15A Item # 43584-3VGA I've used
it for my roto-zip, grinder and hand drill with good results.

Wali