Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default OT - How to Scare Off Coyotes?

On Sun, 14 May 2006 05:14:50 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
quickly quoth:

On Sat, 13 May 2006 20:10:04 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I've asked neighbors before. Either they entirely deny their dog ever
makes a peep (90% of the time) or "ELECTROCUTE MY BABY?" or "The
collar is too cruel for my dear pet." (the other 10%) big sigh
First I tried getting them to purchase one, then I offered. I've never
had a taker yet, and I've screamed at dozens of folks (after asking
nicely several dozen times, of course.)

AFAIC, the owners should be put to sleep and the dogs trained and
given to good homes.

In the few cases Ive encountered that mind set..Ive asked the owner
have they ever seen an animal going through the terminal processes of
antifreeze poisoning..then describe them in excruciating detail and
say unless they keep the dog in the house..a couple meatballs soaked
in antifreeze could be snarfed up by the poor little doggie and they'd
not know it until the drooling and aphasia stage.

They either agree that a training collar is best..or keep the barker
inside. Either ways works for me.

Yeah, BUT, if they hadn't complied and someone other than you had
actually poisoned the dog, you'd be in the hot seat and possibly
jailed until they figured out it wasn't you. And couldn't they yank
your CCW license for that and decide not to give it back?

I survived the D.C. Blizzard of 2003 (from Oregon)