Posted to uk.d-i-y
Housemartin

Default entry-level jigsaw

I also agree with above posts about the bosch gst jigsaws giving
outstanding performance and disagree with the view that you can't cut
cut a straight line with a jigsaw. I have been using the BoschGST 135
BCE on a daily basis for the last 2 years and do a lot of straight line
cutting with it, ie doors, panels,floorboards,shelves etc. obviosly
anything like a table top has to be finshed with a plane anyway as
would using a circular saw but in a lot of cases it sufices.I use it
for doing laminate floors to great succes. I understand about cost
concerns but I think it is such a versatile tool that it will pay back
the serious diyer in time saved fiddeling about with inferior tools.