Posted to uk.d-i-y
ChrisJ

Default Undfer floor heating in conservatory revisted

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback.
I've had a pair of pipes run to the conservatory from a T at the bolier
meaning its not part of the CH for the rest of the house. Currently it
has a couple of valves inline so that the rest of the UFH can be plumbed
in without having to drain the whole system. The UFH has its own pump
and thermostat, not sure about a timer. At weekends the CH boiler is on
from 6am to 9pm with the rads all having thermostatic valves (except the
one in the loft bathroom for some reason, do you need to have a radiator
without a thermostatic valve? Our old bolier had the hall radiator (near
the thermostat) permanently on (tap removed). The new boiler is a combi
with a wireless thermostat.))

As such the controls in the conservatory should enable us to control the
heating in that room without going to the boiler.

ChrisJ