Jeff Wisnia

Default Dremal tool speed control

Don Foreman wrote:

snipped

I tried it on a Singer 401 sewing machine. Huge improvement over
rheostat control! No "hand starting" even at very low speed.
Making a footpedal control for it is now on my project list.

If it hasn't occured to you Don, consider changing the speed control's pot to a linear
or "plunger" pot, which will make the foot pedal design a no brainer.

You could put a little DPDT switch and a three pin socket on the present controller and
plug in the foot pedal pot when you need to trade off tasks with SWMBO...(Or is it you
who does the sewing too?)

Jeff

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:29:54 GMT, "wialgmes"
wrote:

Harbor Fright (sic) has a nifty little router speed control for $10 Says it
will work with any ac/dc brushed motor to 15A Item # 43584-3VGA I've used
it for my roto-zip, grinder and hand drill with good results.

Wali