Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Solar water heating and combi boilers

On Sun, 14 May 2006 10:13:41 +0100 someone who may be "Keith D"
wrote this:-

I have been investigating installing a solar water heating system that I
wanted by use to provide pre-heated water to my combi ("the warmer the water
feed, the less gas used to heat it" principle). I have spoken with a number
of suppliers of Solar thermal systems and some say its possible whilst
others say it will damage the combi. What is the "truth" here?

The truth is that it depends on the combination boiler. Some will
cope with heated water at the inlet others will not.

Depending on the answer to the obvious question there are then a
range of options, depending on the house layout, hot water demand,
condition of the boiler and determination.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh