Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jason D.

Default Vertical problems on PTK195

I was told by the RCA rep to use an ammonia based cleaner like Windex for
the first wash as ammonia breaks up the glycol coolant. Have done many that
way, windex, followed by water/tsp, then distilled water rinse and alcohol
to aid drying. I reccomend some compressed air, make sure to blow out from
under connectors /components. If the fluid has been on there a while be sure
to check for corrosion underneath components, had that problem before on a
Samsung with fluid problems. Cleaned it and the HOT kept failing, the drive
transformer had conductive goo underneath it.

Jammy

Been there many times I have seen coolant corrode components leads in
two. Got this fixed too. This latest 195 got me really stumped!!

Cheers, Wizard