mike ring

Default Motorised valves - good makes?

"Set Square" wrote in
:

I'm tacking this on to Set Square's post to summarise and thank
contributors.

I'll stick with 22mm 2 port valves, it seems a lot easier, though I'm
not sure which types cause least obstruction.

I like the looks of the Myson - I'm a sucker for blinkenlights - and
there seems no point in skimping on components; after all, I'm not
paying a plumber.

Speaking of which, while I was ripping out 15mm piping today, I found
the folks who extended me front room, and had to rerun the rad pipes,
put in isolator valves at the beginning of their new pipes on flow and
return, I can't think why, they can't have been an installation aid.

Any how, although they looked nice and chunky, the full aperture is 6mm,
and that services 2 radiators! Considering that the rest were balanced
to match, I'm surprised the heating worked at all, let alone, TBH, quite
well apart from the short cycling.

This was the same outfit that put a compression jointed isolator in the
bog cistern pipe 3 feet from the stopcock and tiled over it.

Several years later, after fitting a new flush mechanism, I got flooded
UNDER the professionally laid sealed down bloody lino....

And as I can't do craft trades, the smashed into bit of boxing in is
still there.

Must be I need a tradesman

mike