Posted to uk.d-i-y
tg

Default confusion with technical drawings 1:50

drawn elevations at a scale of 1:50. At first glance this to me calculates that 20mm on a page represents 1 meter in the real
world. The back of my house measures 4.9m high by 6.1m wide, which on paper would translate to a rectangle 98mm high by 122mm wide.
This is quite small as a diagram and I can't help feeling I've got it wrong. Have I?