Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander

Default entry-level jigsaw

"bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking to purchase a jigsaw, to be used in the first instance to
cut some engineered wood flooring but also for future general use. I
like the look of Erbauer JS807, 800W with parallel fence. Does anyone
have any experience of this jigsaw or can any of you recommend a jigsaw
in the same price bracket (£50-£75). Any advice greatly appreciated.

I have the 650W version of the above and its well worth the £39.99. Better
power balance IMHO than the 450W Wickes/Kress it replaced which sufferred
from a sticky on/off switch and eventually a failed blade locking ring. I
paid particular attention to the locking ring and when I noticed a Makita
with a plastic locking ring I knew that wasn't for me even if spares were
available. The Erbauer speed control circuitry burned out after a year, but
it has a two year guarantee and was replaced without quibble. The
replacement has a stepped speed control, the original was continuously
variable, possibly a significant modification. It cuts perfectly straight
within its comfort zone.

Not exactly sure the type of flooring you are cutting but would a panel saw
not suffice?

Jim A