Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

Default Pest repellers, do they work please?

On Sat, 13 May 2006 12:38:55 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Sat, 13 May 2006 12:11:31 GMT, EricP
wrote:

So, in the spirit of them doing something for themselves does anyone
have any experience of such gadgets and do they really work like it
says on the tin?

Obviously the concept seems better than using chemicals and 'nicer'
than having traps / zappers etc ?

I then the bug doctor bloke that came round suggested they were worth
using ..?

All the best ..

T i m

Sounds complete and utter ********.

Don't beat around the bush Eric, tell us what you *really* think ;-)

So are you saying that these 'ultrasonic' doobries don't work at all,
don't work as the texts suggest (I'm not convinced about the
ultrasound being radiated around the house wiring!) or even if they
did function mechanically they simply wouldn't have the effect they
suggest (or all the above)?

All the best ..

T i m

I was looking at one for £39.99 before I read your post and decided
that them. About the only thing they might do is annoy cats and dogs.

But seriously, they do blow the thing when, as you point out you get
to the radiating ring main bit. I believe most insects that lurk
around the home don't even have auditory apparatus anyway.

It would be interesting to see a bit of serious proof of the wide
claims they make for the thing. )