Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Default fire proofing shop

"Stuart Wheaton" wrote in message

My current idea for the welding area is to cover the lower 48" with
cement board ($30 for a 4 X 8 sheet) and the remainder with Aspenite
covered in flame retardent paint ($11 for a 4 x 8 sheet). I do not
want to use drywall because I do not want to tape it and it will get
all bashed up. Does anyone have an opinion on the flame retardent
paint?

I recently got accused of not being able to read, because I deliberately
ignored part of a request, and gave my own answer.

But did everyone miss the question here? He didn't ask if we had
suggestions about how to flame-proof his shop, he asked, "Does anyone have
an opinion on the flame retardent paint?"

Does anyone have experience with it? I gave him a tech overview of the
product, but I've only ever used it once.

LLoyd