Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A bid to make BSI docs more widely available.

It is an absolute and outrageous rip off that both BS and ISO standards
are not free. All Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments, EU
Directives that drive the production of BS and ISO standards are free
to download - but often charged for if bought as a hard publication.
Likewise all Maritime and Coastguard Agency notices and regulatory
documents and the Boat Safety Scheme document are also free online.
Even the reports of VAT Tribunals are now free off the internet site -
there used to be a nominal charge to cover photocopying and postage.
Just to get all the ISO standards for compliance with the Recreational
Craft Directive is around £500. Luckily, they are also in my library
on DVDs - but due to the cost my library - large main library in Oxford
- is stopping its annual subscription to BS/ISO. At every mouse click
there is a copyright and copying warning!!!
CORGI is also a rip off and does not prevent the con installers.
Likewise Part P and L is going the same way.